Updated: Feb 3, 2023
There are game designs that require teams to go to different chapters at different times. Usually, it is to prevent teams from clustering in one location and tailing another.
There are 3 ways you can do so:
1) Pre-determined order
2) Random order
3) Random start, but preserve chapter sequence
To configure the chapter sequence:
1) Create a session using the “Add session” button.
2) Click “Manage” on a session.
3) Open the “Teams” tab.
4) Create a Pre-created Team.
5) Click on this button.
6) Input a chapter sequence. For example, if you want the team to go to the 3rd, then 1st, and then the 2nd chapter, key in “3,1,2”.
7) Share the team link with the team directly.
Within the game builder, on the top right corner, you can select "Shuffle chapters", and also further select whether you want to keep the 1st and last chapter fixed. Usually the first and last chapters are for orientation & tutorial, and as a debrief respectively.
In the below scenario, chapters 1 and 5 will remain fixed, but when a team is created, chapters 2, 3 and 4 will be randomised for different teams.
In the below scenario, chapters 1 and 5 will remain fixed, but when a team is created, a random start point will be chosen, but the sequence will be preserved.
For example, if a team get a random start chapter of 3, then their sequence will be chapter 1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5. If they start from chapter 4, then their sequence will be chapter 1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 5.
That's it! If you need help, do email us at email@example.com