A scavenger hunt is a great way to add some excitement and competition to any party or gathering. It is a game we played growing up. But scavenger hunts aren't just for kids, though; adults and teens can enjoy them, too. It is a go-to game for parties, summer vacations, community events, team-building occasions, or even at work. They are easy to organize and even easier to play. The hardest part might be coming up with creative ideas. So, let me show you how to create and host a scavenger hunt for adults, with some fun ideas for different types of scavenger themes.
First, here are steps to start organizing your scavenger hunt:
1.Choose a theme for your scavenger hunt. This can be anything from a specific holiday to a certain colour scheme. With different seasons and purpose, you can choose any suitable theme. It could be Christmas, Halloween, Disney, Nature,Winter scavenger hunt,etc. Depending on the theme, the missions, the rules and items will vary respectively. So, choose your theme wisely, or you can even make a new theme that no one else has done before.
2.Decide on the location and time of your scavenger hunt. Place could be indoors or outdoors, parks, neighbourhood, or even at your workplace depending on your preference, and it can be held anytime. If it is an outdoor scavenger hunt, choose warm and sunny days, whereas on rainy and cold days, choose indoor.
3. Make a list of items that are specific to your event or party theme. For example, if you are throwing a Halloween party, your list might include items like a black cat, a pumpkin, a witch's hat, etc. that need to be found during the scavenger hunt. Be sure to make the items challenging but not impossible to find.
4. Hide the items in different locations around the party area. So they won’t stick at one place and will move from place to place to explore. This will make them more fun and exciting. Give your guests enough time to complete the hunt. A good rule of thumb is to allow one hour for every 10 items on your list.
5. Get creative with the clues! Instead of just giving a list of items to find, make each clue a riddle or puzzle that the participants have to solve in order to find the next item on the list. With PlayTours robust features, participants can easily solve those riddles and puzzles on their phone and points will be calculated automatically. That can save time for you by computing all those scores, and figuring out who's the winner.
6. Make it a team event! Divide the participants into teams and see who can find all the items on the list the quickest. Competition makes teams work together. With mobile scavenger hunts, you can create team races that will really get your people engaged and trigger a team spirit.
7. Set a time limit!
You can set up timer-based tasks on PlayTours and this will add an element of urgency and competition to the scavenger hunt.
8. Make sure the prize for the winning team is worth the effort! A good prize will motivate your guests to put their best foot forward. The team that finds the most items within the time limit is the winner! Give them completion certificates or rewards via PlayTours to make it a lasting memory.
So, you know now how to organise a scavenger hunt. Here are extra some tips to make your scavenger hunt more fun:
-Add a twist: Include a challenge that must be completed in order to find the next clue.
-Make it competitive: Keep track of which team is winning the scavenger hunt. On PlayTours Leaderboard, you can see real-time status of which team is leading with highest scores.
-Get creative: Think outside the box when it comes to hiding places and challenges.
-Have fun: The most important thing is to enjoy the scavenger hunt and create lasting memories with friends and family.
With these tips, your scavenger hunt is sure to be a hit with everyone!
PlayTours is the perfect platform for creating and managing scavenger hunt missions. With our GPS-based scavenger hunts and advanced features, you can customise game missions tailored to your needs. Use these guides to create unique hunts for adults and have a great time with your colleagues, friends and family!
That's it! If you need help, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org